Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Defining chaos

Welcome to the wandering and wonderings that are that of my life. I have had lots of titles and descriptions (some I am sure I don't know of) through my life. Little sister, friend, designer, mom- but it has been something how all of those cycles created the title I now have- caregiver of a father with dementia. 

The thesaurus has as a definition of distract- to divert attention or confuse. The opposite is to clarify or explain. The unfortunate thing I am learning as this disease progresses- there are no explanations, and explaining things only adds to the confusion or chaos. 

I intend to allow myself some personal ramblings in this blog- and still hope to provide some insight and the potential to prevent some of the stumbles that I have encountered along the way for others. 

Through all the encounters- my goals are to keep my sanity, and provide the respect and dignity that is deserved for my dad. I always end up reviewing option and trying to use my insight from dealing with people and how they live to support these goals, and make the best choices. 

More later-

No comments:

Post a Comment